Marigold Home Inspections is a locally-owned company which has grown every year since its start in 2018. We provide a wide variety of home inspection services including residential, new construction, light commercial, pre-listing, and more. We offer full-service convenience by also providing many ancillary services including radon testing, level 2 chimney inspections, visual sewer scopes, and more. We serve home buyers, home sellers, investors, and real estate agents, and aim to provide the best service in the industry!
We are seeking team members to join our home inspector team. Our home inspectors are the core of our business, setting us apart both in our technical proficiency and in our relationship-oriented approach to home inspections. Successful home inspectors at Marigold are: great at connecting with people from all walks of life, inquisitive, enjoy continual learning, systematic in their approach, and nimble-footed, ready to pivot as changes arise in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates should have experience in construction, renovation, repair services, or similarly related industries. Knowledge of the real estate industry is preferred. Previous inspection experience is not required, as we will provide all relevant training to the right candidate.
Our company culture is something we highly value at Marigold, and finding the right fit for our team to continue building a strong, positive culture is imperative to us. The right candidate will have a high level of personal responsibility, enjoy working in a team environment, be committed to personal and team growth, be kind, honest, and know how to have a good time.
Home Inspector Position Summary
- Become certified by InterNACHI, the world’s leading association for home inspectors
- Perform home inspections according to Marigold’s Standards of Practice
- Provide walkthroughs for clients and agents to explain results of home inspection
- Build rapport and trust with homeowners, clients, and agents
- Complete continuing education every year to keep certifications current
- Arrive on time for inspections, gain access to home, and secure the home after inspections. Punctuality is essential.
- Field any questions related to inspections in a timely manner
- Reply to company communications via Phone, Text or Email in a timely manner
- Review and follow policies in the Marigold employee handbook
- Be available 40 hours per week including 2 weeknights per week and 1 Saturday per month
- Enjoy building relationships and possess excellent people skills
- A team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is comfortable with a fast-paced environment
- Is an analytical and strategic thinker, able to follow systems for thoroughness and efficiency
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Strong fit with the company culture and mission, as well as an unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction
- Have great computer skills and experience with Google and Microsoft suite of products
- Is a High School graduate
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and a reliable vehicle
- Possess strong self-motivation and able to work unsupervised 90% of the time
- Able to sit, stand, crouch, climb and walk for majority of role
- Ability to carry and use ladders
- Ability to walk on roofs (heights)
- Ability to enter confined spaces such as crawling under houses and entering attics
- Lifting items above your head including attic access covers
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to enter homes with allergens including pets, dust, mold, etc.
- Fluent in English (bilingual a plus)
Preferred Skills and Traits
- Is a quick thinker, able to research and troubleshoot
- Conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multitask
- Socially comfortable with people from all walks of life
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities
- Willingness to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Can adapt to change
- Motivation to grow with the company
- Closely related experience/education (ie: construction, real estate)
- Understanding of the home buying process/real estate
Paid training and training bonus opportunity.
$24.06 – $29.00 per hour after training, Depending on Experience.
- Bi-weekly pay
- PTO and 10 holidays per year
- Health and dental insurance
- 401k plan available with company match
- Paid on-going training
- Gas card for company-related activities
- Company vehicle upon 1 year anniversary
Job Type: Full-time